In Malaysia, Kong Zi offers Chinese language courses to over 20,000 students year-round. As an official Kong Zi teacher, you will use the latest electronic and online media in your classes. You’ll lead face-to-face discussion classes, workshops and life club activities. Positions are currently available in Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya. This translates to year-round employment needs with new vacancies for Chinese language jobs weekly.
1. A genuine interest in teaching, educating and self-development
2. A desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
3. Preferably one year of teaching experiences
4. A Bachelors degree
5. HKS certificate equivalent preferred
6. Fluent in the Chinese language
7. Past business experience preferred
8. Aged 24 to 55
9. No criminal records
1. Planning and delivering lessons to adults, one-on-one sessions and group workshops of up to 20 students.
2. Using electronic media and Kong Zi-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
3. Evaluating students’ progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvements
4. Maintaining regular office hours
5. Testing and placing new students in appropriate courses
1. Competitive market salary (MYR3,000 per month)
2. Paid on annual leave (10 days + Chinese National Holidays)
3. Flight allowance
4. Health insurance policy
5. Arrival support
6. Accommodation assistance
7. Induction teacher training program
8. Classroom-based professional development
The selection process involves completing an application form and, if you are short-listed, an interview will be conducted. Send your resume for submission to job our opportunities centre at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chinese Language Council International Office, (Hanban) was established by the Chinese Government in 1987. Hanban is well renowned in Kong Zi Institute and is also one of the main sponsors of the Chinese Bridge competition, a competition among non-native speakers based on their Chinese language proficiency. Hanban commits itself in advancing the teachings of the Chinese language and providing better insights of the Chinese culture resources as well as making its services available worldwide. Hanban works relentlessly in meeting the demands of global Chinese learners to the utmost fluency not forgetting the contribution of global cultural diversity and harmony. Generally, the Council is in charge with cultivating adequate knowledge and interest in the Chinese language and culture throughout the world.
The “Chinese Bridge” is an international contest sponsored by Hanban. It is well known worldwide in terms of its cultural and educational exchanges. It set sights on building enthusiasm in students to learn Chinese and strengthening their knowledge and understanding of the Chinese culture. This competition consists of three parts which are Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students, Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign High School Students and Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign Students…
The new HSK test, launched by Hanban is an effort to boost the learning rate of the Chinese language students. This state of the art examination is the result of coordinated efforts by elite experts from different disciplines including Chinese teachings, linguistics, psychologists and educational measurements. Moreover, this examination format combines the advantages of the original HSK whilst taking into account the most recent trends of the Chinese language training…
The Confucius Institute Scholarship Program intends to support the development of the Confucius Institute by facilitating Chinese language and culture promotion on a wide spread basis. It also helps to cultivate qualified teachers and allow talented students to excel. This particular program provides financial aid for students, scholars and Chinese language teachers alike who wish to precede a higher-level education of the Chinese Language.